SALT LAKE CITY – A group of teens wanted for reportedly starting a shootout on the city’s west side might be linked to a crime spree in that area.
The shooting happened near 900 North Redwood Road where police say a group of Hispanic teens approached a licensed gun owner and opened fire on him with a shotgun. Detective Greg Wilking says, “In essence, we had shots exchanged between the two vehicles.” The victim isn’t believed to be a gang member, and Wilking thinks he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Investigators say the description of this group and of the weapon used match the details of other crimes in the area. “[There were] attempted robberies, robberies and actually another shooting,” Wilking says. The two victims in the other shooting received minor injuries.
He says they hope the public can help them find and arrest the members of this gang, whose behavior is apparently getting more violent. Wilking says, “What we’re concerned about is that this activity is ramping up. These individuals are out there and engaging with people and bringing this weapon out.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Trump says FDA will fast track anti-viral treatments for patients with coronavirus
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho