SPANISH FORK — An 11 year old girl was flown to the hospital this morning after police say she was thrown from her horse in the county fairgrounds.
Police Lt. Matt Johnson said the girl was competing in a 4H event at the arena when her horse reared and rolled on her.
The girl was conscious and crying when medics arrived, but Johnson said they decided to fly her to the Utah Valley Hospital just in case she sustained head trauma.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Gateway Mall owners say crime is down 79%
- A tiger went on an 800-mile odyssey in search of food, a mate, and a place to call home
- Thousands pay final respects to fallen firefighter
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- San Francisco moves closer to nation’s 1st e-cigarette ban
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work