A Utah grocery store is planning to open its doors on Sundays for the first time. Certain Macey’s stores will add Sunday hours later this month.
For 70 years, Macey’s has not been open on Sundays, and even prided itself on that. But now Macey’s will soon be open every day at five of its grocery stores.
A spokesman says that’s what the people want.
So, at the end of August, the Macey’s in Sandy, Tooele, South Jordan, Ogden and Clinton will be open on Sundays. Those are the ones that see the greatest demand.
Some employees are not happy about it. The company says they will get extra pay for working on Sundays and no employee will be forced to do it.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- Teen in critical condition after Taylorsville Shooting
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Copper Hills student arrested for Snapchat threat
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- Gov. Cox: Utahns 65-69 eligible for vaccine ‘as of right now’
- Mr. Daryl Hunt – Horizonte Instruction & Training Ctr.
- Bill to designate 988 as national suicide hotline number heads to president’s desk