VINEYARD – A Utah County man is arrested after police say he sexually assaulted his wife in their apartment.
Investigators say the victim made it clear to her husband she was not interested in any kind of romantic interaction with him. Utah County Sheriff’s Sergeant Spencer Cannon says, “They live in separate rooms in their apartment, although, they share the apartment still.”
Cannon says the victim claims her husband held her by the wrist and sexually assaulted her Tuesday night. The attack reportedly continued Wednesday morning. “Just before she called 911, she was in the kitchen of the apartment and her husband pulled her shirt down and bit her,” Cannon says.
Investigators took the victim to the hospital and saw evidence of the attack. While speaking with investigators, the suspect reportedly gave statements that somewhat back up her claims. Cannon says, “It appeared that he was minimizing what she had described to us and what was supported by the evidence that was found during the forensic examination.”
The suspect, who will not be named to protect the victim’s identity, was booked for forcible sexual abuse and domestic violence.
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?
- Two huge snakes fall through kitchen ceiling in Australia
- Susan Powell created a “paper trail” of evidence before her disappearance,…
- UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children