Bear sighting: south SR 89 – gravel pit area:Today (Monday, August 28th 2017) at approximately 3:15 PM a young bear was spotted on the east end of Spanish Fork. The bear ran east into Mapleton and across SR 89. The bear was last seen running toward the foothills above the gravel pit area.We advise residents on the SW part of town to be aware that there was a bear sighting and refer them to the Utah Division of Wildlife website (www.wildlife.utah.gov) for bear safety information.Our department was provided the attached video of the bear.Any sightings please call our office at 801-491-8048.
由 Mapleton Utah Police Department 发布于 2017年8月28日
MAPLETON — Sightings of a young bear on the outskirts of Mapleton caused alarm yesterday. Now the Division of Wildlife Resourses says they don’t believe the bear will cause any trouble, but residents should still be careful to avoid any encounters.
“When dealing with wild animals they are unpredictable,” said Shawn Bagley, the Conservation Officer for the DWR. “Give them their space and get yourself in a safe situation.”
Bagley said video of the bear leads them to believe it’s very young and has likely just parted with it’s mother. He said they believe the bear was looking for it’s own territory and was just moving through the area when it was caught on video.
Today’s Top Stories
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates