Bear sighting: south SR 89 – gravel pit area:Today (Monday, August 28th 2017) at approximately 3:15 PM a young bear was spotted on the east end of Spanish Fork. The bear ran east into Mapleton and across SR 89. The bear was last seen running toward the foothills above the gravel pit area.We advise residents on the SW part of town to be aware that there was a bear sighting and refer them to the Utah Division of Wildlife website (www.wildlife.utah.gov) for bear safety information.Our department was provided the attached video of the bear.Any sightings please call our office at 801-491-8048.
由 Mapleton Utah Police Department 发布于 2017年8月28日
MAPLETON — Sightings of a young bear on the outskirts of Mapleton caused alarm yesterday. Now the Division of Wildlife Resourses says they don’t believe the bear will cause any trouble, but residents should still be careful to avoid any encounters.
“When dealing with wild animals they are unpredictable,” said Shawn Bagley, the Conservation Officer for the DWR. “Give them their space and get yourself in a safe situation.”
Bagley said video of the bear leads them to believe it’s very young and has likely just parted with it’s mother. He said they believe the bear was looking for it’s own territory and was just moving through the area when it was caught on video.
Today’s Top Stories
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- $35 million dollar 100 Thieves esports facility becomes biggest in country
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- Mars might have salty ponds next to its underground lake, raising the possibility of Martian life
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Intermountain Healthcare: COVID-19 vaccine changes mammogram guidelines
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- What it was like hunting memes outside Area 51