Bear sighting: south SR 89 – gravel pit area:Today (Monday, August 28th 2017) at approximately 3:15 PM a young bear was spotted on the east end of Spanish Fork. The bear ran east into Mapleton and across SR 89. The bear was last seen running toward the foothills above the gravel pit area.We advise residents on the SW part of town to be aware that there was a bear sighting and refer them to the Utah Division of Wildlife website (www.wildlife.utah.gov) for bear safety information.Our department was provided the attached video of the bear.Any sightings please call our office at 801-491-8048.
由 Mapleton Utah Police Department 发布于 2017年8月28日
MAPLETON — Sightings of a young bear on the outskirts of Mapleton caused alarm yesterday. Now the Division of Wildlife Resourses says they don’t believe the bear will cause any trouble, but residents should still be careful to avoid any encounters.
“When dealing with wild animals they are unpredictable,” said Shawn Bagley, the Conservation Officer for the DWR. “Give them their space and get yourself in a safe situation.”
Bagley said video of the bear leads them to believe it’s very young and has likely just parted with it’s mother. He said they believe the bear was looking for it’s own territory and was just moving through the area when it was caught on video.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mars might have salty ponds next to its underground lake, raising the possibility of Martian life
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Sir Paul McCartney makes his own guitar picks by crushing pennies under trains
- State Rep: Mask mandate is “heavy-handed”
- Social Media and Website Updates
- UDOT will not re-open several popular seasonal roads, for now
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Identity of man found in cave 40 years ago revealed to be from Utah; has lengthy criminal history
- White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tests positive for COVID-19
- Devon Krebs, Mapleton City Police Department