Millcreek — Trax crews spotted the body around 10:30 AM near 145 West and Central Avenue this morning.
Unified Police Lt. Brian Lorhke said they called in a search and rescue crew to pull it out of the river.
“The body was tangled up in some reeds and brush.” Lorhke said.
Family of missing man, Nick Kapos, confirmed they’d been told the body belonged to him. They have begun preparations for the 82 year old’s funeral.
Lorhke said the body was in bad shape and Unfiied Police have decided to wait for official confirmation from the autopsy before they make their own idenfication.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- HOAX ALERT: Health officials warn about color-coded masks flyer
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’