The last Mormon missionaries were evacuated from Puerto Rico Tuesday evening.
The final 118 arrived in Miami; 155 total were evacuated since Friday.
Many tell the Deseret News say they feel heartbroken to leave the island and the people they loved.
They won’t return until basic infrastructure is rebuilt. They did not want to be a burden on the limited resources nor be in any unsafe environments.
For now they are reassigned to Spanish-speaking missions around North and Central America.
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Opinion: Can U.S. boot TikTok out of the country? Doubtful