LAS VEGAS — Police say at least 50 people are dead and more than 400 have been taken to area hospitals after a shooting at a country concert in Nevada.
Authorities identified the gunman as Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite. They say he took his own life before they entered his hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.
Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo tells reporters officers are entering Paddock’s home now to execute a search warrant. They hope to find clues to a motive along with more information about Paddock himself, who has no known ties to terrorist groups.
This story is developing and will be updated throughout the day.
Today’s Top Stories
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- New motorcycle law in Utah
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- “Bonus Bucks” program encourages shopping and dining in Salt Lake City
- SLC School Board Member: vote to hold classes online was partly political
- How to prepare home and family for an earthquake
- The future of Bountiful High School’s mascot discussed last night
- Vail Resorts CEO talks about social distancing for ski season at Park City Mountain