Another band has decided not to play in Las Vegas this week because of the shootings, and Salt Lake was a stop along the way.
Cake was scheduled to perform at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Thursday night, after playing the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City Wednesday night.
Instead the band announced it was postponing both events until February. Those who had tickets for the Salt Lake City October 4th concert can use them on February 16th at the Eccles theater, but those who cannot make that date have to make a refund request by October 27th.
Several artists have postponed their concerts this week because of the shootings, including Jason Aldean, Jenifer Lopez and Brad Paisley.
Read more from the press release here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Wyoming GOP vote to censure Rep. Liz Cheney over impeachment vote
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business