Another band has decided not to play in Las Vegas this week because of the shootings, and Salt Lake was a stop along the way.
Cake was scheduled to perform at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Thursday night, after playing the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City Wednesday night.
Instead the band announced it was postponing both events until February. Those who had tickets for the Salt Lake City October 4th concert can use them on February 16th at the Eccles theater, but those who cannot make that date have to make a refund request by October 27th.
Several artists have postponed their concerts this week because of the shootings, including Jason Aldean, Jenifer Lopez and Brad Paisley.
Read more from the press release here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Drug addiction pushes Utah man to the edge of suicide
- Intimate Partner Violence numbers in Utah
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School
- Church issues clarifying statement on the Word of Wisdom
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Utah flag could get redesign under legislative proposal
- Major flooding in Hanksville near Capitol Reef National Park