Another band has decided not to play in Las Vegas this week because of the shootings, and Salt Lake was a stop along the way.
Cake was scheduled to perform at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Thursday night, after playing the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City Wednesday night.
Instead the band announced it was postponing both events until February. Those who had tickets for the Salt Lake City October 4th concert can use them on February 16th at the Eccles theater, but those who cannot make that date have to make a refund request by October 27th.
Several artists have postponed their concerts this week because of the shootings, including Jason Aldean, Jenifer Lopez and Brad Paisley.
Read more from the press release here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate
- Bridal Veil Falls hiker identified as man from Roosevelt, Utah
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Police searching for motive behind West Jordan double shooting