Dr. Daniel Cottam, Libertarian for Governor
Candidate for Utah governor
Dr. Daniel Cottam grew up in Houston, Texas. He left Texas to complete his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University. Afterward, he returned to Texas to attend medical school at the University of Texas. He is a practicing bariatric surgeon in Salt Lake City.
Cottam’s policy platform would:
Allow purchase of pharmaceuticals across state and international borders. It is not the government’s place to be protecting corporate profits.
- Allow health insurance purchases across state lines.
- Cottam would end the death penalty: No state should be allowed to exercise a right that an individual cannot.
- Create tax incentives for electric, propane and natural gas vehicles to promote clean air.
- Allow and encourage more charter schools.
Find out more about the candidate’s views here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- ‘Modern Family’ actor Ty Burrell teams up with Salt Lake City to help laid-off…
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself