Dr. Daniel Cottam, Libertarian for Governor
Candidate for Utah governor
Dr. Daniel Cottam grew up in Houston, Texas. He left Texas to complete his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University. Afterward, he returned to Texas to attend medical school at the University of Texas. He is a practicing bariatric surgeon in Salt Lake City.
Cottam’s policy platform would:
Allow purchase of pharmaceuticals across state and international borders. It is not the government’s place to be protecting corporate profits.
- Allow health insurance purchases across state lines.
- Cottam would end the death penalty: No state should be allowed to exercise a right that an individual cannot.
- Create tax incentives for electric, propane and natural gas vehicles to promote clean air.
- Allow and encourage more charter schools.
Find out more about the candidate’s views here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Dr. Angela Dunn: “Optimistic” some places in Utah could move to…
- COLD: Communication breakdown between law enforcement failed Joyce Yost
- Sir Paul McCartney makes his own guitar picks by crushing pennies under trains
- Tooele County Health Department issues Public Health Order to the owner of The Amphitheater…
- Police have suspect in custody in Roy homicide
- Your dog food may be linked to canine heart disease
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- NASA’s Mars helicopter takes flight, 1st for another planet
- Police investigate report of abduction in West Jordan
- Sea lion at Hogle recovering after eating sock