Gregory C. Duerden, Independent for Governor
Candidate for Utah governor
According to his website, Gregory C. Duerden is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, and also a writer, photographer, reporter, editor, managing editor, publisher and owner of newspapers in Utah; working at newspapers in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, California.
Duerden ran for an open seat for the Utah Legislature in 2000 as a Utah Valley conservative Democrat. He ran for Utah Senate in 2012 as a Blue-Dog conservative Democrat. In 2016, he ran for lieutenant governor as the Independent American Party of Utah candidate.
“An Independent Governor will work for the People of Utah and NOT the two major party ideologies. An Independent Governor can work with BOTH parties!!” Duerden said about his campaign, according to Ballotpedia.
Find out more about the candidate here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- Illegal credit card skimming: Three habits I changed at the gas pump
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Cougar accidentally breaks into family home in Millcreek