Rep. Chris Stewart, Republican for 2nd District
Incumbent Republican Chris Stewart is a member of the U.S. House, representing Utah’s 2nd Congressional District. He is running for re-election.
Stewart has been a representative since 2001. Previous to that, he was the owner of Shipley Group and a member of the U.S. Air Force. He served in the Air Force for 14 years, flying both rescue helicopters and the B-1B Bomber.
He’s also the author of several books.
Raised in the Cache Valley, Stewart graduated from Sky View High School. He attended Utah State University and earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. He completed a mission in Texas for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He and his wife, Evie, are the parents of six children.
As a member of Congress, Stewart serves as a member of the following committees: House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Budget Committee, and the Appropriations Committee.
You can find more information here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two huge snakes fall through kitchen ceiling in Australia
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Hill AFB airman to face charges related to burned police car
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- Utah state epidemiologist warns of shutdown, return to orange
- Utah Food Bank gets $100K memorial contribution
- Man arrested in possible Hunter High abduction
- Utah rental assistance program launches for those who can’t pay their rent
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Helicopter crashes on roof of NYC skyscraper, killing pilot