Rep. Chris Stewart, Republican for 2nd District
Incumbent Republican Chris Stewart is a member of the U.S. House, representing Utah’s 2nd Congressional District. He is running for re-election.
Stewart has been a representative since 2001. Previous to that, he was the owner of Shipley Group and a member of the U.S. Air Force. He served in the Air Force for 14 years, flying both rescue helicopters and the B-1B Bomber.
He’s also the author of several books.
Raised in the Cache Valley, Stewart graduated from Sky View High School. He attended Utah State University and earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. He completed a mission in Texas for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He and his wife, Evie, are the parents of six children.
As a member of Congress, Stewart serves as a member of the following committees: House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Budget Committee, and the Appropriations Committee.
You can find more information here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Bad crash in Lehi during Thursday rush hour leaves one child critical
- Roy High teacher accused of sexual enticement, exploitation of a minor
- Utah hospitals could receive COVID-19 vaccines in less than two weeks
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Funeral services held for fallen Ogden police officer Nate Lyday
- Throngs to pack Times Square for mild, rainy New Year’s Eve
- Mitchell powers Jazz to 128-124 win over Wizards
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic