Rep. Chris Stewart, Republican for 2nd District
Incumbent Republican Chris Stewart is a member of the U.S. House, representing Utah’s 2nd Congressional District. He is running for re-election.
Stewart has been a representative since 2001. Previous to that, he was the owner of Shipley Group and a member of the U.S. Air Force. He served in the Air Force for 14 years, flying both rescue helicopters and the B-1B Bomber.
He’s also the author of several books.
Raised in the Cache Valley, Stewart graduated from Sky View High School. He attended Utah State University and earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. He completed a mission in Texas for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He and his wife, Evie, are the parents of six children.
As a member of Congress, Stewart serves as a member of the following committees: House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Budget Committee, and the Appropriations Committee.
You can find more information here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Hill Cumorah Pageant final season canceled; Nauvoo Pageant postponed
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?