Don Brinkerhoff began his broadcasting career in 1994 in Cedar City, where he was hired to schedule the station’s commercials and run the board for station broadcasts. It didn’t take long before he was writing newscasts and reporting on everything from the Police Beat to City Council meetings. In 1997, Don was recruited to Salt Lake to serve as an Assistant News Director, Reporter, and Afternoon News Anchor for a new radio news/talk station.
When the company decided to close their Newsroom in 2000, Don came to KSL and began working as the Overnight Editor. Being the only ‘live’ body in the Newsroom Overnight means Don gets to do it all. He operates the control board, keeping the station’s programming on the air. He edits the news scripts for use during “Utah’s Morning News with Tim and Amanda.” And he gets to cover any stories that break overnight.
In 2018 Don was asked to be the Operations Team Lead in addition to his overnight responsibilities; taking over supervision of KSL’s Board Operators; taking responsibility for the station’s Holiday Programming, and execution of BYU Sports Broadcasts.
Don is a Martial Arts instructor, and has earned a 7th Degree Black Belt in the Kamagong Martial Arts system. In 2004, he was inducted into the Filipino Martial Arts Hall of Fame as Instructor of the Year. In 2001, the Excel Karate League declared Don the Judge of the Year. He may be best known for his Superman fanaticism. He’s read Superman comic books and collected Superman memorabilia since he was a little kid, and most people wonder if he’s ever grown up.
Don and his wife Alayna have been married for nearly 27 years and have five children and one grandchild.
Contact Don at email@example.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- BYU nanofiber technology making more effective face masks
- Honoring the Class of 2020
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Why your New Year’s resolution might be doing more harm than good
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale