Heather Kelly joined KSL in April 2012 and took the circuitous route to get here. She received a degree in Aviation Management from Westminster College and worked for 9 years in the airline industry. After realizing the highlight of her day was bumping people off oversold flights, she decided to find a career that was more rewarding and less chance of being yelled at by passengers.
She was lucky enough to be hired at a veterinary clinic where she could pursue her life-long interest in animal care. After being trained on-the-job as a veterinary technician, she quickly rose up the ladder and became Hospital Director of two clinics simultaneously. Unfortunately, when the recession hit, the clinics closed.
So, Heather moved onto her third career, in broadcasting, using her Minor in Theater Arts. Heather believes she found the place she was meant to be all along. After reporting traffic for Total Traffic Network for six years, she finally made it to KSL NewsRadio and can be heard telling people ‘where to go and how to get there’ as part of Triple Team Traffic every weekday from 5-9 AM on Utah’s Morning News. Heather fills in as Associate Producer and News Reporter when needed and loves putting a news story together. She is also the host of “Money Making Sense” where she discusses all things money in a down-to-earth approach. Click here to listen now.
Contact Heather at email@example.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Cleanup from Magna quake continues as some residents grow more frustrated
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup
- What you can do right now to stop robocalls
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Hill AFB airman to face charges related to burned police car
- ERA Utah supporters hold rally at the State Capitol building
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Wyoming GOP vote to censure Rep. Liz Cheney over impeachment vote