Don’t hassle the Hoff.
Kira Hoffelmeyer, born and raised in Utah, dreamed of rain and evergreens. But her time at the University of Oregon, the Daily Emerald, and KLCC News weren’t enough to keep her away from the Wasatch Mountains and Southern Utah red rocks. But not before earning the nickname “Hoff”, despite her “sometimes laughy, bubbly” reputation.
Kira returned to Utah in 2016, working as a part-time anchor, reporter, and producer at KSL Newsradio, and took on a role with the Park Record, as its first digital engagement editor.
She has been back at KSL full-time since 2018, taking the reins of Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News as its youngest ever Executive Producer. Now, Kira leads the station’s digital-first efforts, alongside managing the daily newsroom, as the Assistant News Director.
You’ll always find this Murrow-winning, pint-sized firecracker with a cup of coffee, a good book, camera, and a notebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- BYU using genealogy to reconnect MIA soldiers with families
- Amazon to add 1,500 full/part time jobs in Utah
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident