Abby Nelson, Whittier Elementary
Ms. Nelson has been teaching for 20 years and absolutely deserves to be recognized. Ms. Nelson goes above and beyond each and everyday to make sure her students are taken care of. We are a title one school and she always makes sure the kids do not go hungry by making sure they have a bowl of fruit and granola bars in class and do not need to ask for them and never judges them. Ms. Nelson is always willing to help not only her students but the parents as well. She will drop everything she is doing to address any concerns you have with the learning. She teaches 5th grade and will make sure the kids know what they are doing and takes the time to explain things in detail. She cares so much about her kids and deserves to be recognized!
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah fourth-grader pushes for eco-friendly lunch room
- 2020 Watch: On eve of New Hampshire, is Mayor Pete for real?
- Man facing reckless driving charges after incident in Stockton, police say
- Movie Review: Childhood nostalgia with “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark”
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- Utah group heads to Arizona with supplies for small Navajo Nation town
- 3 missionaries involved in car accident in Dominican Republic; results in 1 death
- Food drive: Help feed Utah’s hungry
- Long lines for “Hamilton” tickets in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City School District looks at COVID-19 infections in schools