Miss Green is an exemplary teacher with an extraordinary ability to reach each student in her class! I have seen her do some amazing things over the years, but this year she has been even more exceptional. This year she has a special-needs student who has been repeatedly hospitalized due to a severe seizure disorder. She has an uncertain future, due to the unpredictability of her condition. Miss Green overheard this little girl talking with her mother at the end of the day after receiving a note about a Disneyland offer for special ticket rates. The little girl thought it was a real ticket for Disneyland, and the mother had to explain to her daughter that they wouldn’t be able to go to Disneyland. (She has had very high medical expenses.) Overhearing this conversation broke Miss Green’s heart! She immediately decided that she would find a way to make this little girl’s wish come true. She organized a fundraiser, and teachers, friends, and neighbors donated to a surprise fund for this little girl. Andrea collected enough money to fly the girl and her family to California, rent them a car and hotel, buy Disneyland tickets, and even have “Disney Dollars” to spend in the park! Her own father bought a camera for the family to take pictures of their vacation. Miss Green organized a special assembly for this little girl, where the entire school sang Disney songs… especially “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.” She had Cinderella come out to invite a special student to come to Disneyland with her family to meet Mickey Mouse. Miss Green had made Disney baskets of T-shirts and stuffed animals for the 3 kids in the family, and a basket with the camera, tickets, and cash for the parents. It was the most extraordinary show of love and concern for one sweet student that I have ever seen a teacher make! Miss Green is a fabulous teacher who teaches the curriculum, but more importantly, she notices the special needs of her students and does everything in her power to help them. She is very deserving of the Teacher Feature Award!
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Gov. Herbert issues statewide mask mandate, declares state of emergency
- Funeral services held for fallen Ogden police officer Nate Lyday
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- How in person voting works in different counties along the Wasatch
- National Guard helicopters train in downtown Salt Lake
- Utah hospitals could receive COVID-19 vaccines in less than two weeks
- Is it time to scrap straight-ticket voting in Utah?
- Update: More birds found dead after Friday night storm