My son had Mrs. Stockman last year and I feel I would be ungrateful if I did not take this opportunity to nominate her for this honor. She is the favorite teacher of most past students and is a truly loving and warm person.
My son Ian has learning difficulties and struggles keeping up in many subjects. Mrs. Stockman not only recognized his challenges, but made allowances on his behalf, so that he was able to find success in school. Mrs. Stockman praised him for his strengths and encouraged him to continue working on things that he struggled with.
Even though Mrs. Stockman has been teaching for over forty years, her lessons and activities are always fresh and exciting. Each year her students put on a Halloween program for the school and parents. The Stockman Halloween program is legendary! The students practice for weeks prior to the performance, so that they are polished and confident in their performance. She finds a way for all her students to shine in the program whether it be through song, dance or spoken word. Because I have family members in the teaching profession, I know how hard it is to find time to include art, music, and special programs. Yet she always makes that extra effort. Mrs. Stockman’s enthusiasm for teaching and learning is contagious and you can’t help but smile when around her.
The thing I appreciate most about Mrs. Stockman is the love and concern I know she has for her students. She is not afraid to give the kids a hug or tell them that she loves them. My son received phone calls from Mrs. Stockman on days when he missed school. She took the time to make sure that he was feeling ok and to let him know that he was missed at school. She also called him on his birthday, which fell on a Saturday, and wished him a happy birthday. It meant so much to me as a parent to know that my son was in a class with a teacher that loved him and wanted what I want for him. I owe her a great debt of gratitude and can’t thank her enough for her kindness and time spent teaching my son. Thank you Mrs. Stockman!
With love and gratitude,
Today’s Top Stories
- Man says he removed the mysterious Utah monolith
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- California monolith appears after similar structures disappear elsewhere
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Utah’s medical marijuana program limits growing to 10 farms
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- Some temples are entering Phase 3 of reopening; here’s what that looks like
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings