I would like to recommend Kathy Waddell as a teacher to be featured.
Ms. Kathy Waddell is in her final year of teaching at Bluffdale Elementary, thus completing a 36-year career. She has dedicated her life to education and found great joy in the kids that she has taught. After all of these many years of teaching, Miss Waddell never tires of trying new things and is a lifetime learner herself. She has a deep intuition of what kids need and doesn’t move off a subject until she feels they understand the concept, even if it requires one-on-one tutoring.
Last year she got cancer –after that was treated she shattered her heel a month later, yet despite all of this she came back and continued teaching her class using a scooter. The smile on her face never faded. Kathy cares about forming a relationship with each child and the love she extends bonds the students to her. She rarely has any discipline problems.
My daughter was in her 2nd grade class and even though she is now in high school she still considers Miss Waddell her favorite teacher. Miss Waddell never minds when students call her “Teacher,” for she feels that is the highest honor. Thank you Kathy Waddell -you’ve made a difference in the lives of over 900 kids!! We will miss you.
Today’s Top Stories
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change