I would like to recommend Kathy Waddell as a teacher to be featured.
Ms. Kathy Waddell is in her final year of teaching at Bluffdale Elementary, thus completing a 36-year career. She has dedicated her life to education and found great joy in the kids that she has taught. After all of these many years of teaching, Miss Waddell never tires of trying new things and is a lifetime learner herself. She has a deep intuition of what kids need and doesn’t move off a subject until she feels they understand the concept, even if it requires one-on-one tutoring.
Last year she got cancer –after that was treated she shattered her heel a month later, yet despite all of this she came back and continued teaching her class using a scooter. The smile on her face never faded. Kathy cares about forming a relationship with each child and the love she extends bonds the students to her. She rarely has any discipline problems.
My daughter was in her 2nd grade class and even though she is now in high school she still considers Miss Waddell her favorite teacher. Miss Waddell never minds when students call her “Teacher,” for she feels that is the highest honor. Thank you Kathy Waddell -you’ve made a difference in the lives of over 900 kids!! We will miss you.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother