The following was submitted by Dan Nelaon.
“I don’t know if she would qualify since she is the school secretary, but I am trying anyway. Mrs. Moore has been pivotal in my child’s success this year. Last Christmas (2016) our 6 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
Since that time, Mrs. Moore has ensured that my son is following his medical plan. She helps him test every day, and has educated herself on how to help him test and give himself insulin. She also notifies us as parents daily, what his results were so that we know how he is doing. Knowing that she is there for him has given us as parents, great peace of mind.
I feel that if not for Mrs. Moore’s willingness to help my son through this process, his ability to focus on learning, instead of his disease, could not have happened.”
Today’s Top Stories
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Dogs saved from South Korean meat farm come to Utah