As a certified technical trainer and executive business coach, I have experienced my fair share of good and poor when it comes to education, training, and coaching. Please allow me to take a moment and share my thoughts regarding Laurel Kwak. For the first time in any of my four children’s elementary education, I can finally say I have met a teacher that has exceeded my every expectation. My son Justin was apprehensive about starting school and has been diagnosed as mild on the autism scale.
Ms. Kwak not only took the time to make Justin feel comfortable, she also helped him excel in reading, English, spelling, math, and social interaction. Through the passion she exudes for her job my son has learned about discipline, respect, kindness, fairness, equality, and trust. She has taken the class to far away places using their imagination, allowed the kids to explore the world of reading at a level that felt comfortable for them, and has personally shown each child the love and attention they deserve early in their schooling.
Her classroom is always bustling with activity and the children just love her immersive teaching techniques. I was personally assisting in the classroom as the children played fun memory games to learn all about the continents, where they are located, animals associated with each, and major landmarks! Mind you this was in a kindergarten classroom setting!
As a result of Ms Kwak’s explicit appreciation for arts, education, and passion for each child to excel, my son has been personally touched and could hardly wait to have Ms. Kwak as his teacher again next year. My wife and I dearly wish this could be the case as by far and bar none, Laurel Kwak is the greatest teacher we have ever encountered.
Her countless hours of preparation shine through in her polished lesson plan and her home bound communication with the parents was nothing less than exceptional. It will be a bittersweet day to see my son leave kindergarten, but I can have him hold his head up high knowing that Ms. Kwak truly made a difference and provided him with everything he needs to be prepared for his upcoming years of education.
-V. Lee Henson
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…