“Mr. Matt has been the kindergarten teacher for all 5 of my children. He puts his all in to his teaching everyday. He is also a musician and has put much of what is learned in kindergarten to song. My daughter struggles with dyslexia and writing (dysgraphia). Mr. Matt deciphered her scribbled attempts at writing and kept a key of her versions of each letter so that he was able to read back her illegible writing. I now work at the school and see his commitment extends to every student in his classroom.”
Nominated by: Heather Fehrenbach
Today’s Top Stories
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Hurricane-force winds in Utah close schools, knock power out
- Only-child doesn’t need to be lonely child during the pandemic
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- How does the Electoral College work?