I love that Mrs. Nielson is the 5th grade teacher of my son at Vineyard Elementary. Her classroom is a learners paradise. She has a tree house inside her room where students can read, hands-on projects throughout the year to excite the learning process, and most importantly to me, she cares about my student. In my eyes as a parent, my son is the most important child in her class, even though I have seen that every parent feels this way.
One of the greatest examples of her individual concern happened just recently. Knowing of my son’s desire to learn and gain knowledge she hand wrote an invitation for him to attend a speaking engagement with Senator Jake Garn. She took him and introduced personally to Senator Garn. Afterwards she explored what he learned and why it was important.
The children in Mrs. Nielson’s class love the learning process. They are growing and achieving great things under the guidance of their teacher. Best of all, they are important as individuals and they have a teacher that knows their needs and does her best to help them grow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Earthquake damage shuts down Magna fire station
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- 4 Fun Family Activities You Can Do at a County Fair
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- LSU QB Joe Burrow wins Heisman Trophy in landslide vote
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- Sri Lanka bombing suspects may still be on the run, police warn