Mrs. Eldredge was my daughter’s kindergarten teacher for the 2006-2007 school year. I know that all parents are scared when sending their first child to kindergarten but it was particularly challenging for us because our daughter, Hadley, is deaf. We could not have been happier with the support she received from her teacher. During the school year, there were many occasions in which Mrs. Eldredge went beyond our expectations in dealing with our daughter. The most notable occasion was when Hadley lost one of the batteries for her cochlear implant at school. They are not standard batteries and are quite expensive to replace. Mrs. Eldredge contacted the custodians who opened the dumpster for her. She located the bag of garbage that belonged to her class and sorted through it until she found Hadley’s battery.
You know that teachers love their students but you don’t expect to continue to hear from them throughout the summer. Hadley had to have surgery for her second cochlear implant on the day after school and has received two cards, pictures and candy from her teacher this summer wishing her well. It is so amazing when your child’s school experience begins so well. I think that Mrs. Eldredge instilled a level of confidence in our daughter that, more than anything else, her teacher loves her.
Thank you, Mrs. Eldredge!
Today’s Top Stories
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Utah Democrats: Board of Education’s Natalie Cline should be held accountable
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Hundreds of restaurant customers possibly exposed to Hep A virus
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene