To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to tell you about the most amazing teacher. Her name is Merlyn Schofield and she is a 4th grade teacher at Burton Elementary in Kaysville.
My oldest daughter loves learning and education. She would always create extra work for herself in order to challenge herself. When she got to Mrs. Schofield’s class, she didn’t have to worry about not being challenged anymore! The first thing we noticed was that Mrs. Schofield had a folder that she gave you at the beginning of the year that contained all the dates of events and major assignments. She is so organized, and you know exactly what is expected.
Another thing that I was impressed with as a mom is the fact that she set aside time to tutor the students in math each week AFTER school! She even gave the kids her home phone number so they could call her with questions! She also took time to get a special “permit” so she can take the class on what she calls “journeys.” Once a month, she takes the class out in nature for a day, and they study and keep journals and hike, etc. She really fostered a love of the outdoors in my daughter!
One day, my daughter came home, started checking the food labels of what she was eating, and told me that we need to eat less sugar! I have been preaching this for years, but when Mrs. Schofield says it, it becomes gospel!
She even had the class create a mini society where they learned real world skills by writing the laws for the society, applying for jobs, and electing officials.
I could go on and on about all the different things Mrs. Schofield taught my daughter to love, because of her great enthusiasm and love for learning, but there is too much to mention! I am grateful that my daughter had to chance to be in her class. Mrs. Schofield deserves to be honored on the teacher feature program!
Thank you for your time!
Today’s Top Stories
- Wendy’s breakfast is starting to roll out
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- A Chick-fil-A manager saved a drive-thru Covid-19 vaccination clinic after traffic backed up
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- Heart of Utah: Extreme Motus including people of all abilities on the adventure
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- University of Utah responds to Dateline report on McCluskey killing
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday