I don’t know if I can express in words how grateful I am for this incredible teacher. Oftentimes parents have no idea how great some teachers are. I am a national parent advocate for dyslexia. I am also the co-founder of Decoding Dyslexia Utah. I hear stories from parents statewide and nationwide, every day. Most of these stories are of parents and students struggling to be understood.
When I began one of my earlier careers, as a pharmacy technician, I understood that when I learned all that I needed to about how to do my job, it didn’t stop there. I had yearly continuing education credits that informed me of latest research and better practices. I believe that the absolute best teachers in the world have a heart of a student. Mrs. Hall is not only willing to keep learning, she is eager to learn everything she can about helping her students. She has a humble heart and always asks “what can we do to help?” She has attended days worth of conferences and countless hours of study on dyslexia on behalf of her students. And while, this is specific to my child, she would do it for any of her students. Not only has she taken time away from her family to learn more, she takes the information that she learns and applies it to her classroom. She has spent hundreds of dollars making the best possible environment and using the best practices for the 20% of students who struggle with language. She advocates passionately and effectively for all of your students.
Not only is Mrs. Hall incredible with the individual needs of her students, she manages all of this while being part of West Elementary’s Dual Language Immersion program. West Elementary is one of the only schools in the state that teaches German. Mrs. Hall has made efforts above and beyond to launch and improve this program for the last 2 years. The German DLI also has a STEM pilot attached to it. There are so many great things going on at West Elementary and Mrs. Hall is in the center of it all.
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Should we lower the voting age to 16? Nancy Pelosi says: “Yes.”
- Golden Spoke Event
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- US Army warns about fake text messages about military draft
- SLCO D.A. creates conviction review advisory board
- Coronavirus enters Salt Lake County jails