It is with great pleasure that I write you today to tell you about a very special teacher. I will share with you one of my own personal experiences which also represents the many lives Mrs. Ogilvie has touch and influenced over the years as a first grade teacher.
My daughter had Mrs. Ogilvie when she was in the first grade. Getting to know Sally Ogilvie from that time on has blessed and enriched many aspects of my life. Not only has she instilled a love of learning in my daughter, but for me as well. From the first day I entered Mrs. Ogilvie’s classroom as a volunteer parent, I have been impressed with the way she creates a positive atmosphere for her students. She speaks with such calmness and clarity yet her enthusiasm for learning and teaching is evident and contagious – even for grownups! It is because of Sally that I returned to college this past fall to pursue a degree in education. I had always wanted to be a teacher but lacked the confidence needed to continue my education. One day, while talking to Sally, she told me she was impressed with some things I did while volunteering. She sat and talked to me on several occasions after school to discuss my daughter’s abilities as well as mine. I don’t remember the words she said to me during our conversations but I do remember how I felt. She made me feel important and helped me to believe in myself. She possess the admirable quality of helping individuals realize their unique abilities and special talents. I am currently in my second semester of college and Sally continues to cheer me on. If she can touch a grown-up’s life and help them feel more confident by just visiting with them once in awhile, imagine what she does for the children who get to be with her nearly all day 5 days a week!
This is just one example that give you insight about how Mrs. Ogilvie demonstrates love and concern for every individual. I can never repay her for everything she’s done for me. However, honoring her with this award would help me and other families give this unique and special teacher the recognition she deserves.
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy