Wanda is an amazing teacher. She is a hard worker in her class. She is actively seeking new resources and planning activities. She made the switch from a middle school teacher to a kindergarten teacher about 6 years ago. How brave! She always has a smile and freely states how much that she LOVES kindergarten.
Wanda teaches at a Title 1 one school. Every year she has about 10 ESL students. She teaches a challenging curriculum and to a student population that has its own challenges. A few students in her class live at the Road Home, a homeless shelter. She has made conference appointments at the Road Home and has travelled there to make the appointments.
Wanda has a soft approach to teaching kindergarten. The children respond so well to her gentle but firm guidance. Older children that were in her class come and regularly visit. The children know the boundaries; they feel the love and guidance from her.
I have volunteered in her classroom. She is very creative and patient with these young learners. She has created a warm atmosphere in her classroom. The student work is constantly changing that is displayed on the walls.
Wanda has inspired me as a teacher. She has taught me things that have helped me create my own philosophy for teaching. I have seen the children bright eyes and attentive ears when she speaks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- “Bonus Bucks” program encourages shopping and dining in Salt Lake City
- When do pandemics end? Utah lawmakers look at metrics for COVID-19 “endgame”
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out…
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Gov. Cox: Honor system a necessity with next phase of Utah vaccine rollout
- History and renovations of Salt Lake Temple and other temples