Hands down Mrs. McCloy has been the best teacher any of my children has been privileged to have. My son struggles with anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. Mrs. McCloy has patiently and lovingly taught and encouraged him all year. She has helped with bullying situations, getting special accommodations for him and providing a sounding board for him. She also held “group recess” when he was struggling with being teased by the other children. Other times she spent her recess walking around the school yard listening to him. She even kept lotion in her drawer for him to use when his hands bled from all of his obsessive washing. She was able to provide just what he needed when he needed it – love and encouragement at times and other times the firmness he needed.
When his anxiety was so terrible that he was unable to attend school she worked with me to homeschool him; sending worksheets, providing websites, books and support to me. Every time we spoke she was more than happy to help and I always knew that she was doing her very best to help and teach my child.
Mrs. McCloy has made it possible for Garrett to have a successful 3rd grade year. And I am forever thankful to her!
Today’s Top Stories
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Bill that would ban on sharing intimate photo evidence passes Legislature
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- FBI says “Band-Aid Bandit” still on the loose
- Layton Utah Temple site announced
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public