Every so often a person comes along who chooses a profession for which he or she is most well suited. Mrs. Barney is just such a person. While yet in high school she demonstrated skills and abilities that she would be called upon to use as a teacher, coach, and mentor. She attended college on a leadership scholarship and also worked as a dorm manager. She chose early to be a math teacher. Upon graduation she taught at a junior high school in Brigham City. Her enthusiastic approach when helping struggling students quickly got noticed by both students and their parents. When an opening came available at Weber High she applied and was soon hired. That was over twenty years ago. She has been a champion of the underdog seeking out struggling students on her own, but of equal importance other staff members including administrators and counselors have enlisted her help with students not succeeding with math or school in general. Students and parents request her help. For the last two years she has been voted “Teacher of the Year” by the student body. To add to her ability to be a super qualified professional she serves as the faculty adviser to the student body officers and is involved with many student counsel activities. She is a tireless dedicated educator who deserves any and all special recognition available. Mrs. Barney continues to be one of the best loved adults in her school as well as her community.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates