How many amendments have been repealed?
Just 1! The only amendment so far to be repealed is the 18th Amendment. It banned the production, importation, transportation and sale of alcoholic beverages nationwide. It was repealed in 1933, about thirteen years after it was enacted, by the ratification of the 21st Amendment.
Which two Founding Fathers and future presidents did NOT sign the Constitution?
Neither John Adams nor Thomas Jefferson were present at the Constitutional Convention, even though both played a huge role in the founding of our nation. Adams was serving as ambassador to England, and Jefferson was serving as ambassador to France. Therefore, neither were in the United States at the time the Constitution was signed.
In what year was the Constitution signed?
Delegates to the Constitutional Convention met secretly throughout the summer of 1787, then signed their finalized document, which we know today as the US Constitution, on Sept. 17, 1787.
Where is the Constitution housed?
The State Department was home to the Constitution starting in 1789 until it moved to the Library of Congress in 1921. However, it has been housed at the National Archives since 1954.
Who is sometimes called the father of the Constitution?
James Madison and the 56 other delegates to the Constitutional Convention initially intended to amend the Articles of Confederation. Instead, they decided to create a new Constitution. Madison, representing Virginia, became chief recorder. He helped develop Virginia's constitution more than a decade before, and his "Virginia Plan" figured prominently in the debates that led to the final US Constitution as signed.
Share your Results:
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I want a future’: Global youth protests urge climate action
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found
- Rep. Rob Bishop announces he is not running for governor
- What Options Do You Have If You Aren’t Comfortable with the Upcoming School Year? 5…
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl