SALT LAKE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – As you make your holiday travel plans, be ready for things to look very different at the airport. There’s a lot of construction on Terminal Drive, and airport officials are concerned there could be a lot of confusion, at first.
People who frequently go to Salt Lake International Airport are probably used to the left lane going to the rental car return and the parking garage. But, now for now. Airport Spokesperson Nancy Volmer says, “We have split the lanes so the left-hand lane goes to the economy parking lot. Whereas, the right lanes go to the terminal, the parking garage and the car rental return.”
This part of the airport redevelopment will last for roughly eight months. Volmer says, “The reason we’re doing this is because we have some infrastructure work that we’re doing in preparation for the elevated roadway that’s being built,” adding, “After that eight months, we’ll be reopening what previously was Terminal Drive.”
If people aren’t ready for the lane splits, they could find themselves accidentally in the economy parking lot, but, Volmer says anyone who makes a wrong turn won’t have to pay to get out. Still, she says people should go slower than before so they can properly see and follow the overhead signs.
Today’s Top Stories
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- $35 million dollar 100 Thieves esports facility becomes biggest in country
- Mars might have salty ponds next to its underground lake, raising the possibility of Martian life
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- 10 weird landmarks in Utah many new residents don’t even know about
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- UDOT will not re-open several popular seasonal roads, for now
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Proposed ban on cellphone use while driving clears Utah House