MAPLETON — Police believe murder-suicide is behind the deaths of four people and a dog, found inside a Mapleton home overnight.
Officers responded to the home near 1500 North and S.R. 89 Thursday night after a neighbor reported the lights in the house had been off for days and yet none of the family vehicles had moved nor had the residents been seen. A local employer also told police one of the residents had failed to show up for work.
Eventually, officers removed a window to enter the home after getting no answer at the door.
Police have not released the names of the victims, but say they were a man, woman, teenage female and very young male, all dead from what appeared to be gunshot wounds. Police are working to notify next of kin and are continuing to investigate the deaths.
More details and resources for suicide prevention are available here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America