Salt Lake City Police homicide detectives unearthed the remains of a man who was murdered in the summer between 2010-2012.
The murder was in conjunction with a disagreement between the suspect and victim. The victim was a male, Hispanic in his mid-thirties, first name Ignacio, but went by Nacho.
Sgt. Brandon Shearer with Salt Lake City Police Department tells us about the suspect
“A suspect has been arrested in this case: Carlos Trevizo-Acotsa,” says Sgt. Shearer. “He’s been booked into the Salt Lake County jail on charges of homicide as well as four counts of possession of a firearm by a restricted person.”
Trevizo-Acosta is also the owner of Los Lobos Paving and Construction. He owns the land the body was found on, according to Sgt. Shearer. Anyone with information or able to positively identify the victim is asked to call Salt Lake City Police Department.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- Utah doctor details his history with heroin and cocaine addiction
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Nichole Warren-Doman – Orion Junior High
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Open Doors
- Smith’s responds to complaints about ban on Visa Credit Cards