Officers working an auto vs ped fatality on Highland and Fort Union. It’s also a hit and run. Expect delays.
— CH Police (@CHPolice) January 2, 2018
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A person died Monday night after a hit-and-run crash at the intersection of Highland Drive and Fort Union Boulevard.
Police say the victim was in serious condition but died of the injuries soon after.
Few details were immediately available about the crash that happened between 7 and 8 p.m.
Police cordoned off the scene with orange traffic cones. A pair of white, low-top sneakers and a black ball cap could be seen on the asphalt.
Investigators late Monday were trying to figure out what type of car the suspect was driving.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Utah parents want vape tax
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- LOVELOUD set to return to Utah
- U of U testing antidepressant drug for COVID-19
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- Police respond to shooting in Kearns