Hundreds already filing into the #LDS Conference Center for the viewing of President @ThomasSMonson. These are church employees and their families, as well as missionaries. #Utah #KSLAM #Mormon #PresMonson @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/lQ96yO08In
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) January 11, 2018
SALT LAKE CITY — A public viewing is taking place Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the LDS Conference Center, for President Thomas S. Monson. The viewing is open to all ages.
Funeral services on Friday for President Thomas S. Monson will be open to the public, ages 8 and older.
No tickets are required to attend the services in the Conference Center for the late president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. President Monson died Jan. 2.
Those who plan to attend the funeral, which begins at noon Friday, should be in their seats at the Conference Center no later than 11:30 a.m. Seating is open and available on a first-come, first-served basis with overflow seating in the Tabernacle and Assembly Hall on Temple Square and in the Conference Center Theater.
A private burial service will be at the Salt Lake City Cemetery following the funeral.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- “Lights on 4 Lizzy” fundraiser raises thousands of dollars
- Is Gruden the only drawback for the Raiders coming to Utah?