Hundreds already filing into the #LDS Conference Center for the viewing of President @ThomasSMonson. These are church employees and their families, as well as missionaries. #Utah #KSLAM #Mormon #PresMonson @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/lQ96yO08In
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) January 11, 2018
SALT LAKE CITY — A public viewing is taking place Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the LDS Conference Center, for President Thomas S. Monson. The viewing is open to all ages.
Funeral services on Friday for President Thomas S. Monson will be open to the public, ages 8 and older.
No tickets are required to attend the services in the Conference Center for the late president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. President Monson died Jan. 2.
Those who plan to attend the funeral, which begins at noon Friday, should be in their seats at the Conference Center no later than 11:30 a.m. Seating is open and available on a first-come, first-served basis with overflow seating in the Tabernacle and Assembly Hall on Temple Square and in the Conference Center Theater.
A private burial service will be at the Salt Lake City Cemetery following the funeral.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district