SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake International Airport announced a slew of new possible destinations for travelers now that a new foreign airline has joined their ranks.
Spokesperson for the airport, Nancy Volmer, said Aero Mexico joined on December 23rd but today their first non-stop flight from Guadalajara arrived in Salt Lake City.
Today @slcairport welcomed AeroMexico’s nonstop, daily service to Guadalajara. Mexico’s Midwest is now connected to a wide network of connections and destinations strengthened by its partnership with Delta. #Aeromexico #Delta pic.twitter.com/bPlLTFh5ku
— SaltLakeCityAirport (@slcairport) January 15, 2018
“We’re very excited about that. It’s nice to offer our passengers more variety in service,” Volmer said. “The service is opening up more connectivity to other cities within both the United States and Mexico.”
According to Volmer, the airport currently serves about 24 million passengers every year. They expect that number to grow if the economy holds.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Two alarm fire evacuates residents at Millcreek apartments, second fire in less than a year
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Man says he removed the mysterious Utah monolith
- Brigham Young University installs “family friendly” section in student library
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Some temples are entering Phase 3 of reopening; here’s what that looks like
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…