WEST VALLEY — A teenage babysitter is facing blame for the death of a toddler in his care yesterday.
Roxeanne Vainuku, spokesperson for the West Valley City Police Department, said they were called to 21 month-old Jaycieion Sanchez home yesterday around noon when the toddler stopped breathing. A helicopter transported the boy to a nearby hospital where he passed away.
“Our investigators started looking around and asking questions,” Vainuku said, adding that the toddler’s injuries didn’t match his babysitter’s story to police, “They ended up arresting the 17 year old for investigation of child abuse homicide.”
Police aren’t releasing the name of the teen, but say he is now in juvenile detention, facing suspected charges for child abuse homicide.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Gearing up for the Xbox Series X, Microsoft has stopped making the Xbox One X
- Countdown to Super Tuesday: Candidates hope Utah voters will energize their campaigns
- Oklahoma lawmaker proposes ‘Bigfoot’ hunting season