A fire ripped through a West Valley City home Tuesday night, forcing a family of four and three pets to get out.
That fire started around 11:30 pm near 4100 South Spring Glen Street, which is about 3300 West.
Investigators believe it started spontaneously in the microwave and spread through the kitchen and into the attic.
That made the job difficult for firefighters as they had to cut several holes in the roof to attack the flames.
Crews estimate the damage to be about $150-thousand dollars.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Children’s Service Society
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest