WEST JORDAN — Residents near 5500 West 6885 South are very shaken up. They live in a city where police say gang shootings rarely happen.
Lt. James Bigelow says five homes and 3 cars were all hit by gun fire this weekend, and they believe it was a fight between gang members.
“There were several people impacted that were not involved at all. I mean their homes were in the area and now have bullet holes in them from these gang members shooting back and forth at one another,” said Lt Bigelow.
Officers say they found 19 shell casings so far. Neighbors say they saw a dark sports car driving away.
They hope to get better leads this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- What actually happened at Area 51?
- Moose goes cliff-diving, swims off without a scratch
- Dogs that attacked girl will not be euthanized
- Gov Cox: All Utah residents eligible for vaccine next Wednesday
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Iranian hackers said to target presidential campaign
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Rollover crash leads to I-15 shutdown and nightmare Salt Lake traffic
- Jordan School District to address COVID-19 at Riverton High
- Millcreek to honor Black pioneers in Pioneer Day ceremony