WEST JORDAN — Residents near 5500 West 6885 South are very shaken up. They live in a city where police say gang shootings rarely happen.
Lt. James Bigelow says five homes and 3 cars were all hit by gun fire this weekend, and they believe it was a fight between gang members.
“There were several people impacted that were not involved at all. I mean their homes were in the area and now have bullet holes in them from these gang members shooting back and forth at one another,” said Lt Bigelow.
Officers say they found 19 shell casings so far. Neighbors say they saw a dark sports car driving away.
They hope to get better leads this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- Wendy’s breakfast is starting to roll out
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- NBA fan shares virtual fan experience cheering ‘Orlando Bubble’ from home
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- Ex-Davis High teacher who sexually abused 3 students granted parole
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- BYU review of 115 studies shows masks effective in slowing COVID-19