SOUTH SALT LAKE — Attorneys filed murder charges today against a man accused of stabbing his father multiple times.
Charging documents state Warren Richard Phelps, 38, admitted to stabbing his father in their apartment near 2700 S. and 300 East, after an argument about the television on May 19th.
Salt Lake District Attorney Sim Gill, said when police arrived Phelps told officers his father was likely dead.
“They located his body in the bedroom. He was dead on scene,” Gill said.
Gill said the Phelps told officers he argued with his father Richard Phelps, 65, through the man’s locked door. At some point he became so angry he went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, kicked down the door and stabbed his father repeatedly.
“Law enforcement were, in fact, able to find a bloody knife in the kitchen,” Gil said.
Charges were filed today. Gill said he expects an arraignment in the next 24 to 48 hours.
Today’s Top Stories
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- Satellite imagery finds likely Kim train amid health rumors
- Ben & Jerry’s sued over ‘happy cow’ characterization
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question