WEST VALLEY CITY — Two men were taken to the hospital after suffering some kind of electric shock.
It happened on the construction site for the new West Valley City Police Department building at 3500 South and Market Street.
Witnesses say they saw a blue flash, and then the men fell. Their harnesses caught them.
The men were on a structure, loading steel with the help of a crane. It was stormy at the time of the incident, which police say happened at 7:45 a.m. But officers say the National Weather Service did not report lightning in the area after 7:20 a.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Live Mic: Utah Farm Bureau president talks about coronavirus impact
- Woman killed by ex-husband in apparent murder-suicide in Cache County
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- New rules for picking up missionaries at Salt Lake City International Airport
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor