WEST VALLEY CITY – Police are looking for more potential victims, after they arrested a teacher on suspicion of sexually abusing at least one boy.
West Valley Police consider Kyle Hill, 33, to have been a wolf in sheep’s clothing at Endeavor Hall Charter School.
“One of the best teachers in the school,” said Lt. Kent Stokes. “Did a great job teaching his kids and working with the faculty.”
Stokes says Hill groomed a 9-year-old male student of his for sexual abuse, rewarding him with extra classroom currency and candy.
Hill even visited the boy and his parents at their home.
“They were suspicious of some kind of activity, and that’s what made them talk to their son,” Stokes said. “They turned the investigation over to us.
“There’s no indication that the boy came to the parents.’
The probable cause statement says Hill admitted abusing the boy, and taking photos, in his classroom.
West Valley Police want other potential victims to come forward. Hill worked at Endeavor Hall for three years. He was at one time a student-teacher at Timpanogos Elementary in Provo.
Investigators are taking calls at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ellen Sabo – Rose Creek Elementary
- Meet all the Utah athletes competing in the Tokyo Olympics
- Grant Averill – Woods Cross Elementary School
- Utah relinquishes oversight of trust linked to polygamist
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party
- Amazon: Nearly 20,000 workers tested positive for COVID-19