TOOELE COUNTY — All westbound lanes on I-80 into Tooele County from Salt Lake County should reopen Monday afternoon, and all eastbound lanes by Tuesday morning.
But the traffic nightmares are a taste of things to come.
I-80 had 55-minute delays near SR-201 on Monday morning.
“Some of that was due to a few crashes, but we had it down to one lane in both directions,” said UDOT Spokesman John Gleason.
He said construction crews were preparing the freeway for around August 1, when they’ll replace 50-year-old bridges over the railroad tracks.
“We are going to see I-80 down to one lane in both directions for at least a few weeks,” Gleason said.
Crews are building the bridges now so they’ll be ready for placement, in hopes of quickening the process.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- Latter-day Saint mission president dies in the Philippines
- Bail reform becomes legislative spotlight in Utah once again
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- Tooele County School District
- When will you get your stimulus payment? Here’s how to check
- FBI Confidential: Chasing The Dragon Of Opioid Addiction
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19
- 4 Valentine’s Day Deaths in 4 Years: How Safe Valentine’s Day Driving will…