WASHINGTON TERRACE — A traffic stop led officers in South Ogden to a woman wanted for burglary in Washington Terrace.
The probable cause statement says the suspect confessed to stealing tools and a spotting scope.
“The officer that was handling the case was able to tie her, through her statements, to the crime, and then did make an arrest,” said Weber County Sheriff’s Lt. Nate Hutchinson.
He also says the homeowner saw Brittany Karczewski, 31, drive away from her garage. Karczewski had her 5-year-old daughter with her.
“There were some charges added for her using the little girl to help facilitate the burglary,” Hutchinson said.
The probable cause statement also says Karczewski wanted to sell the tools for cash to buy a horse for her daughter. The girl is now in protective custody with Utah’s Division of Child and Family Services.
Later, Hutchinson said she tried to flush her methamphetamine down a jail toilet but deputies stopped her before that could happen.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Pandemic accelerates Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints missionaries’…
- COVID-19 testing underway at Elk Ridge Middle School following outbreak
- Police searching for motive behind West Jordan double shooting