WASHINGTON TERRACE — A traffic stop led officers in South Ogden to a woman wanted for burglary in Washington Terrace.
The probable cause statement says the suspect confessed to stealing tools and a spotting scope.
“The officer that was handling the case was able to tie her, through her statements, to the crime, and then did make an arrest,” said Weber County Sheriff’s Lt. Nate Hutchinson.
He also says the homeowner saw Brittany Karczewski, 31, drive away from her garage. Karczewski had her 5-year-old daughter with her.
“There were some charges added for her using the little girl to help facilitate the burglary,” Hutchinson said.
The probable cause statement also says Karczewski wanted to sell the tools for cash to buy a horse for her daughter. The girl is now in protective custody with Utah’s Division of Child and Family Services.
Later, Hutchinson said she tried to flush her methamphetamine down a jail toilet but deputies stopped her before that could happen.
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19
- Utah Medical Examiner’s Office finds no link between COVID-19 vaccine and deaths
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021
- Oliver and Olivia top Utah baby names list for third year